Michael Laurencelle began his real estate career in the 1930's by selling homes in the City of Detroit for the Rose Building Company. An attorney, by trade, he eventually settled into the Royal Oak area and established Laurencelle Building Co. on Woodward Avenue. He built and sold hundreds of homes in the surrounding area throughout the 1940's and 1950's.
Charles A. Laurencelle, the eldest of Michaels' six sons began working for him in 1956 and eventually opened his own company employing over 25 sales associates specializing in the sale of residential homes. The business brought him to the communities of Berkley, Birmingham, Clawson, Madison Heights, Oak Park, Royal Oak, and Southfield. In many instances, Michael also renovated and remodeled these single-family residences. In the early 1980's, Michael removed himself from the single-family part of the business and began developing various commercial properties including apartment buildings and retail shopping centers. In 1984, he built The Corners shopping center at 13 Mile and Southfield Roads in Beverly Hills, Michigan. At that time, the residential business was sold & Laurencelle & Associates, Inc. was born.
In 1989, Charles J. Laurencelle, Michael's son, joined the business and today runs the company's operations. In 2002, the company was renamed Laurencelle Properties, Inc. to closer reflect their focus in the commercial real estate industry. Since the mid 1990's, growth has averaged over 10% annually.
Today, Laurencelle Properties, Inc. proudly owns and operates over 20 retail, office and medical properties encompassing over 500,000 square feet throughout southeast Michigan, servicing many prominent national, regional and local tenants.